photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

BENEFIT AIR PATROL BB CREAM EYELID PRIMER

Benefit are known for their quirky packaging and individual products. Air Patrol is their newest product to the range which is an eye primer. I normally use the Urban Decay Primer Potion to prime my eyes or currently I'm using the Soap & Glory It's About Prime, but the Benefit version is a little different. It contains an SPF 20 which helps guard your delicate eyelids against the sun, smoke and pollutants. I normally like to apply a concealer and an eyeshadow primer before applying eyeshadow on top, but this is like two products in one and means I can miss a step in my routine. The BB Cream hides any blue veins or redness around your eyes and you could even use it under your eyes to hide dark circles. It also helps to extend the wear of eyeshadow and doesn’t crease or fade throughout the day. The product actually makes my eyeshadow appear more pigmented and this colour stays around all day.
You use the product by clicking the bottom of the pen and the formula appears on the silicone tip at the top. The cushion tip is pressure free which means it’s softer than your finger so you protect the thin skin around your eye to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. You then massage the formulation onto the eyelid and evenly blend. If you’re not using eyeshadow you can still use Air Patrol alone as the shade gives a natural-looking colour correction on all skintones. This actually works with my pale natural tone but I’m not sure if it will work on darker skin tones as well. I don't feel like I have to touch up my eyeshadow when using Air Patrol and I don't have to smooth out any creasing during the day like I normally do. The formula is quite light on the eyes and gives your skin a satin finish.
I have found with continual use that my eye area is hydrated, I have dry eyes but this product doesn’t seem to irritate them at all. I haven't really come across a product like this, which protects your eyes from sun damage, normally it's lip products which get more care. I guess it's not a necessity, but it's a nice product to use especially in the Summer months.
I actually purchased this product from Birchbox for £1.50 as I had £20.00 worth of Birchbox points to spend. I thought it was the ideal opportunity to try a new product from Benefit. I’m not sure how long this product will last but you do only need a tiny amount per eye. I'm not sure I would run out and repurchase it if I ran out, but it's a nice little extra product to add to my make-up bag. I think this product is probably more suited to women older than Benefit's normal target market because of the smoothing benefits, but we've all got to take care of our eyes!
Have you tried Benefit's new innovation?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment