photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Sunday, June 07, 2015

BEAUTY ICON HAIR & MAKE-UP INSPIRATION - AUDREY HEPBURN

My ultimate beauty icon of all time has to be Audrey Hepburn. I always tend to turn to the starlets of the past much more than today's celebrities for hair and make-up inspiration. Women of that era seemed more confident in their own skin, instead of using plastic surgery or caking on far too much makeup to make themselves feel beautiful or younger. Hepburn's make-up look was always so chic and polished. I could see an image of Audrey Hepburn's eyes and know they're hers straight away, I even have a canvas on my wall of her. She had a classic style, timeless beauty and an iconic look which still looks modern today. She was a minimalist, yet very feminine. I've always been obsessed with her as Breakfast at Tiffany's has to be one of my favourite films. I've created an inspired look which is ideal for everyday below using the following products.
Audrey had a fair few hairstyles in her time, from the pixie crop to the sleek beehives and she always looked so elegant. Philip Kingsley created the Elasticizer personally for Audrey Hepburn back in the 70's. She wanted a product that would keep her hair looking fantastic on set, due to the constant processing and styling. The Elasticizer is a pre-shampoo treatment which intensively conditions whilst adding elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine. This cult product is suitable for all hair types especially damaged hair. It also provides UV protection even after washing, helping prolong the life of colour treated hair. I really like the way this makes my hair feel so glossy, if it's good enough for Hepburn, it's good enough for me! I have yet to buy a full-size of this product as I receive so many samples in beauty boxes/magazines.
Audrey always had fresh, natural looking base make-up that really brought out her bone structure. Audrey wore very little foundation, but always opted for a lightweight base for a youthful, glowy complexion. I decided to use the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer which is a lightweight, creamy gel formula which creates the perfect even canvas for foundation. This helps to keep my make-up in place, as I have oily skin I always apply a primer before my base make-up so it doesn't slip off my face throughout the day. The gel formula leaves my make-up looking fresh and colour-true for the entire day. I then used the Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation in the shade B10 Porcelain. I find this foundation gives a matte finish but still looks velvety and non-greasy on my skin. You can build the coverage up but I like that you can still see my freckles through the make-up. It blends away pores and it last for most of the day. I love the packaging, I just wish the bottle had a pump! I have reviewed this product in full here.
Thicker brows have come back in style and Audrey's brows were accentuated to look thicker and fuller. Her innocent doe eyes and large eyebrows were her trademark look leaving everything else quite simple and understated. I like to use the Benefit Gimme Brow in light/medium to fill in and shape my eyebrows. I haven't made my brows as thick as Audrey's but this product makes my eyebrows look stronger and creates that perfect arch. This brow gel is water resistant, long wearing and buildable. I like that the packaging is so compact and it's so quick and easy to use! I've created Hepburn's iconic little cat eye flick with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in the shade Stag which is a deep satin brown shade. I don't think you can beat Urban Decay eyeliners, they glide on so nicely and the shade range is fantastic! I applied the liner close to my lash line and smudged it out a little with a brush to soften the look. Audrey famously used a pin to separate each of her lashes after applying mascara, which is crazy!
Audrey's favourite colours were shades of pink, so of course I had to choose a nude pink lip. I've applied my lip liner a little outside my natural lip line to make them appear fuller. I have then applied the Dior Rouge Nude Dior Lipstick in Grege 1947 which is a lovely vintage, peachy nude. These lipsticks are creamy, pigmented and moisturising on the lips. Audrey always defined her cupid's bow which made her look more sophisticated and glamorous. She used very little colour on her cheeks, making the eyes and lips the focus. Audrey Hepburn's hollywood look is so iconic and I have made her look more wearable for everyday using some of my favourite beauty products. You can find most of the products I used on the House of Fraser website.
"I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Who is your Beauty Icon?
Want to be House of Fraser's Beauty Ambassador? find out more here.
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment