photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

CITY CHIC GLOSSYBOX MARCH 2013

March's Glossybox was all about City Chic. The theme of 'city chic' is all about achieving a glossy & groomed look that city girls maintain from boardroom to barstool. The box also came with a little travelling book full of cute stickers, information about places to visit and room to take notes. This was a nice little extra to receive and something I found really interesting to read. On to the products I received in the box last month;
Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush, Full-size 2.5g, £12.00 - Jelly Pong Pong are a brand I haven't really used before, but I was excited to see this product in the box last month. I really like the crayon applicators as they are so easy to use and apply. The colour wasn't something I would usually pick, but it's nice to have something different in my collection and have found myself reaching for it more often than I thought I would and the pigmentation is great! I'm not sure I would repurchase at £12.00 as you can get just as good lip crayons on the high-street from Revlon and Soap & Glory. But I would like to discover more from the brand.
Juicy Couture Couture La La Eau De Parfum Spray, Full-size 50ml, £47.00 - I'm not really a fan of the Juicy Couture line, but was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed wearing this perfume. It has a really nice sweet, floral scent that is very wearable for every-day use. The only downside I could find was it didn't last too long on the skin and I found myself topping it up through-out the day. But I have enjoyed using this feminine, flirty sample up!
Tresemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray, Full-size 500ml, £4.69 - I already use this hairspray, so it was great to receive a back up. I really like the texture of this product, it doesn't feel too heavy in my hair and it really does last! giving my hair control for most of the day. The scent is also pleasant, where as a lot of hairsprays can be very overpowering and feel crispy in the hair. It brushes out really easily and gives body and fullness where needed. I would carry on repurchasing this hairspray and I would really recommend a lot of other Tresemme styling products.
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free, Full-size 50ml, £25.00 - This product really works wonders, it's a multitasking product which can be used to refresh jet-lagged skin, shape brows, revitalise shine, soothe dry hands and chapped lips or smooth cuticles and nails. Again, I already own this product, but it's been handy to have a small sized sample to take around with me. I mainly use this on the lips as it instantly softens them like no other product. A little goes a long way, so i'm still using the sample up - you really can't beat it!
Nails Inc Nail Polish in St.James, Full-size 10ml, £11.00 - I enjoy using Nails Inc polishes so it was great to see this miniature inside the box. It is not really a colour I wear on my finger nails a lot but it's great for toes. The formulation of these vanishes last ages without chipping and you don't need many coats to gain the desired look. This shade is a classic, pillar box red and adds a pop of colour to any outfit.
I like my reviews of Glossybox to be about what I thought of the products after using them for some time, instead of just showing you what I received each month. All in all I thought this was a great box, I received some products I already love and some new make-up ones that I've been trying out and also loving! The theme of the box was really up my street. I've just received April's box and can't wait to share that one, it's a good'un.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment