photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Monday, June 25, 2012

JUNE BEAUTY PRODUCT EMPTIES 2012

I'm trying to be better at cutting down my hoard of beauty products by using them up one type of product at a time. This month I have seemed to do quite well, there are quite a few..
Firstly my basics, Johnson's Cotton Buds £1.40Boots Cosmetic Buds £1.40 and Boots Cotton Wool Oval Pads £1.89. These are my basics for taking off my make up as well as touch ups. So I always have back ups of these, they do the job. Would I repurchase? Yes.
Johnson's Eye Make-Up Remover £3.29 - This is a bottle I have been trying to use up for ages, I don't tend to use Make-up remover much anymore, I would tend to use a cleanser for my whole face. But if I do have some difficult eye make up to get off, then I would use this or something like it. It is a very gentle formula and great for waterproof mascara. Would I repurchase? Maybe, at some point.
L'oreal Ever Pure Shampoo and Conditioner (Fullsize 250ml £5.99 each) - These were free samples in a magazine. I had wanted to try this shampoo since it came out. I was really impressed with this shampoo and conditioner, my hair was so soft and glossy. The no sulphate shampoo and conditioner smelt lovely of botanic oils and mint. The shampoo left my hair really refreshed. Would I repurchase? Yes defiantly.
Thierry Mugler Alien 30ml Eau De Parfum £35.00 - This has to be my favourite perfume. I would say it's more of a 'night time' fragrance, but I would spray it in the day as well, just because I love the scent so much, and there is nothing out there like it. A rich floral woody amber scent. Would I repurchase this? Yes, I can't live without this perfume.
Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo £3.99 - I repurchase Batiste Dry Shampoo over and over again, just because I know it does the job. I'm not too keen on this XXL Volume one though, It definitely gives your hair extra volume which I like, but I don't like the way it feels in my hair. It just makes me want to wash it out, the totally opposite of what I want from a dry shampoo. Would I repurchase? Not this kind, but definitely either the tropical or wild scent.
Nivea Double Effect Deodorant £3.25 - To be honest, I swap and change deodorants all the time. This one doesn't do anything special, I just like the scent and it does it's job well. Would I repurchase? Yes, if nothing else caught my eye.
Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo £4.49 - I always come back to this shampoo. I absolutely love the smell of it. It contains Macadamia Nut extract, which really helps dry and damaged hair, and leaves it silky and smooth. Would I repurchase? Yes definitely. 
Palmolive Shower Milk (Fullsize 250ml £1.59) - This was just a little sample size that needed using up. I would always have this shower gel when I was younger, just because I liked the sweet honey smell. But it does leave your skin feeling moisturise rich and soft. Would I repurchase? Maybe at some point.
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic (Fullsize 200ml £12.50) - This came as part of a 'try me set' which I purchased at John Lewis. I haven't tried Liz Earle Products before but I wanted to see what all the 'hype' was about. It was a great chance to try them, and I loved using up the little miniatures. The tonic is really natural and brightens up the skin. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would get the full sized version after I have used some of my 'stock' up.
Lush Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask £5.75 - This is a face mask which you have to keep in your fridge and use up quite quickly as it is fresh. Cosmetic Warrior is suited for troubled skin to help calm and soothe spots. The smell is very overpowering, but if you can get over the smell of garlic, then you will find it is great at reducing the size of spots and even closing them up. Would I repurchase? Yes, if my skin was going through a bad patch.
Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous Foundation Faker £23.50 - This is a product that I would use as a teenager, it was quick and easy and covered up any redness to the face. It comes with a sponge pad to apply the make-up, which I find isn't really very hygienic. But the compact mirror is very useful. Would I repurchase? No, it did it's job, but I have moved onto other things now.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

31 comments:

  1. great review:) I like it! I deffinately follow you, check mine blog if you want. Cheers xx
    http://maagdzia21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :) yeah I will check it out!x

      Delete
  2. wow, wish I got through things as quickly as you - means you can buy more haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know, not always a good thing! :)x

      Delete
  3. What a great idea for a post! I love when I actually finish a product...then I know I really like it!

    From your newest follower : )

    --The Beauty Professor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! yeah exactly :) clears room for more products!x

      Delete
  4. i've been debating whether to get the XXL dry shampoo, but i think i'll still with the tropical one! it gives your hair more volume anyway.
    great blog!

    www.happyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! yeah it's so much better :)x

      Delete
  5. Oh, great review! I am interested in a lot of this things, so knowing your opinion on them is so useful :)
    Have a nice day xxx

    Lorraine.
    http://scarvesandleather.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I totally agree about the Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous, it does it's job but it's not anything special at all.

    Love your blog!
    -Aly
    www.seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was as dedicated to my beauty return as you are (or were :)
    But great job and accomplishing your goal dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hair products I will have to try some of these!
    I just followed, follow back?
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got those L'oreal samples waiting to be used, I'm excited now! I need that Lush mask in my life, my skin is awfulllll at the moment. I really like your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely! I'm still learning :) but I think I'm getting there. Yeah I'm looking forward to getting the full-size of the L'oreal, once some other things have ran out.x

      Delete
  10. Informative post, you have given me lots of ideas :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, glad it was helpful :)x

      Delete
  11. Great post! You should try the Aussie 3 minute miracle. I love it, especially in winter when my hair gets really dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I will look out for it :) Thanks for reading.x

      Delete
  12. Hey! I'm new to your blog and loving it! Great photo quality and I love posts like this. They are so fun to read. You got yourself a new follower :)

    PS) Can I ask how you got the "you might also like" gadget on your blog? I've been trying to figure that out to put on mine too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and following :) if you click on the 'LinkWithin' link below the 'you might also like' on my page and follow the steps, you will get a link to put it on your page :) hope this helps.x

      Delete
    2. Thank you SO much!! It worked :)

      Delete
  13. I love empties posts. I too loved the L'Oreal Everpure Shampoo and Conditioner - definitely ones I'd purchase x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's a lot of empties! I have the Batiste tropical dry shampoo and it's quite effective, though I tend to prefer my Klorane dry shampoo with oat milk just a tad. Always wanted to try Liz Earle products, I've heard such good things about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, yeah they are lovely!x

      Delete