photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Thursday, July 12, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW - REVLON JUST BITTEN KISSABLE BALM STAIN - 001 HONEY

I knew I had to get my hands on one of these Revlon Balm Stains when I saw they were coming to the UK. They were also on my June Beauty Wishlist, so on one of my Boots shopping trips, I spotted them and had to pick one up. I saw they had a choice of four colours, but on the website there are a few more shade, so I'm curious to see if they are all coming into stores. They are so alike to the Clinique Chubby Sticks and much more affordable. I picked the lightest shade which was available to me in '001 Honey'- a pinky nude, a great everyday shade. I would say 'Honey' is a little darker in the tube than the packaging may seem, so definitely swatch the colours to find what best suits you.
The formula to these are really moisturising and so easy to apply with the crayon like applicator. These differ from the Revlon Lip Butters as they last so well on the lips. The sheen doesn't last so long, but the stain in left after eating and drinking. The crayon itself is retractable, so there is no need for sharpening. They are really build able, in the swatch below I have layered two coats on to create a more pigmented shade, but you could just apply lightly for a more subtle look. They smell minty which I like, but I know some people would prefer them not to smell of anything. 
Revlon have been my favourite high street/drug store make-up brand of this year so far, and it seems they are just getting better. I will definitely pick up another shade in these Balm Stains whilst they are still on offer. I think I'm lusting over the shade 'Darling' a lovely lilac shade. These are currently £5.99 at Boots and Superdrug, (normal price £7.99.)
Have you tried the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains yet?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

  1. Pretty! I have been curious about these since I first heard about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I blogged about it as well today :)

    hannah-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seems to be a popular shade! would love to try the others though, thanks for reading :)x

      Delete
  3. Hi Alyse! It inspires me a lot! I'd like to try it soon!:) Follow you back dear!:) Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post xx

    ill deffo have to check this out!

    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    Natali xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work in Boots and seen that these got launched yesterday!
    We have quite a few shades in our store and this one is definitely not the lightest! There will be more coming soon! We are selling quite a few colours!
    I'm glad these are good though as I reallly want to try them! haha
    I thought the lip butters were a bit of a fail aswell! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty! I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Clinique chubby sticks that i'm guessing Revlon duped, I really like Revlon as a brand and have been wanting to try these out, so many people have reviewed them but they always seem to look different!

    If you apply it heavy does the color get brighter and does it look smooth or blotchy/cakey?

    www.iampiscesw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blog:) follow you! mind to follow back?^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing blog loving the lip color

    I invite you to check out my blog.
    -loyaltofashion.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the post and even just your over blog itself! You have a great eye for products :)

    http://thelittlebrightsides.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got both chubby sticks and the revlon just bitten sticks nad I do prefer the chubby sticks - but there isn't much in it, these are a fab dupe!
    Also hun, i've tagged you in a liebster award post on my blog!
    xoxox
    http://charpee-charpee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful! I really wish this product was available where I live, I would definitely get it. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post!

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks gorgeous! I love this color *.*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hav the Clinique Chubby Stick, but I'm sure Revlon's similar version would be just as good! I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! Your sense of beauty is just impeccable and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too? Have a lovely day!

    Love from, MISSIFFA

    ReplyDelete
  16. I go this colour too... It's fab!! :) x

    Fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete