photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Friday, June 29, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW - ESSIE NAIL POLISH

I had never tried Essie nail polish before it was introduced into Boots and Superdrug as a diffusion line, a couple of months ago. I had always stuck to OPI or Nails Inc as they were more widely available in the UK. But once I saw the stand in my local Boots, I knew I had to try the popular colours I had been lusting over and the reduced price of £7.99 was more appealing to me and my bank balance.
I know these polishes have been really popular over beauty blogs and YouTube. They may be a tad pricer than the average drugstore/high street nail vanish, but the quality has really won me over. The size of the brush is great, it fits the whole width of the nail and I know this has been changed from the original line of Essie polishes. It does take a few coats to get the required colour that I want, but this is worth it as the staying power is brilliant and lasts a good while without chipping with a top coat. 
99 Mint Candy Apple - This is probably the most popular colour in the Essie line. A true bluey mint green. As you can see from the swatch, the colour is very build-able and is pigmented after about two coats.
77 Chinchilly - This shade is a purpley brown. This is my most wearable colour, and is most suited to me. Another bestseller, and is very pigmented after just two coats.
13 Mademoiselle - This shade is the perfect french manicure nail colour. The formulation is quite sheer, as you can see on the swatch it is still quite sheer after a couple of coats. I would use this colour if I just wanted a wash of colour over my nails to freshen them up.
I will be definitely building my collection of these polishes. They are fast becoming my favourite to use, just because I know the colour is going to last and the formula is great. I have my eyes on the shades Tarte Deco and Cute As A Button.
Nail Wheel from - Solo Beauty Supplies
What Essie colours do you like?
Thanks for reading!x

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

35 comments:

  1. Lovely colours<3
    I can't wait to try out some essie nail polishes!
    Mint Candy Apple is gorgeous :)
    MissJammyxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the light pink and mint color! :)

    follow me?

    www.girlsandtheirmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love these colours! especially mint candy apple.
    gorrrrgeous

    loving the blog as well hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mint candy apple! One of my favorite nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I really want to try an Essie polish, they look like they apply so well! Might have to invest properly now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are really good, take a few coats but love the colours!x

      Delete
  6. oHHH pretty colors babe!
    fashion0beauty.blogspot.in
    chck mi out too
    happieeee summer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colours! I must investigate at Boots :) xx

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely blog. please take a look on mine and tell me what you think <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Chinchilly and Mademoiselle. I used to have Mint Candy Apple but I sold it because it didn't look very nice against my pale skintone. I've done a review of the other two on my blog though. My bf bought me Mademoiselle and I absolutely adore it! i want Figi too which is very simiar too but but they just look so fresh on the nails. I wish Chinchilly was nicer though. It just looked so dull on my nails. I thought that was going to be my favourite one too because it was most like me but it was a bit lackluster for me. It's hit and miss though :) I shall still wear it.. just not all the time.
    Thanks for following my blog btw. Your's is lovely. will follow after i finish writing this essay comment. Haha.
    www.theedgeofbeauty7.blogspot.co.uk
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for reading and following :)x

      Delete
  10. mmm that mint shade is YUM
    such a cute blog
    <3
    Caroline
    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theyre all lovely shades, especially the middle one! Im not a big fan of essie's formula though, i find it chips really quickly on me x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww yeah ! Incredible colours of nailpolish ! I'm in love with the mint one ! Kiss x

    http://mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love Fiji and candy apple!

    Vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the Chinchilly shade, it's one of my favourites!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the 3 colours! Chinchilly reminds me of Revlon's Stormy Night, i think maybe it's a dupe. What do you think? x

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i think so, the essie one may have more purple in it though! thanks for reading!x

      Delete
  16. I love them all!

    http://fallingfeatherss.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely nail polish! Very cute blog!
    I`m your follower now.
    And I`ll be SOO happy if you follow my blog:-)
    Tatiana
    www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. CIAO =) CHE BEL BLOG,TI SEGUO! RICAMBI??
    TI ASPETTO CARA BACIIII <3 <3 <3
    http://thefashionvictimbyantonellabasile.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  19. mint candy apple is absolutely adorable! I love to wear it! But your post makes me think about going for mademoiselle as well...mh...i guess someday i have to live under a bridge cause all my money is in the drugstores and fashionshops! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I know same, I can't resist pretty things :)x

      Delete
  20. I love the mint candy apple - I have not bought any from this collection yet but am loving them!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/
    @WhatKimiDidNext

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mint Candy Apple and Chin Chilly look great!
    Love your blog. Follow me and I'll follow back right away.
    http://maggiemunster.blogspot.ie/
    xo

    ReplyDelete