photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

URBAN DECAY NAKED ILLUMINATED - AURA

This was one of my Boxing day online sales purchases this year. Urban Decay has to be one of my favourite make-up brands and I have had my eye on these highlighting powders for ages. Feelunique were offering this product for £16.50, (still in stock!! normally priced at £22.00) after Christmas, so I decided to treat myself. Obviously, I love the Naked eyeshadow palettes and I have tried the eye pencils and lipglosses, but there is so much more I need to try in the range, from foundation to powder to the blush palettes. Naked Illuminated comes in two shades, Aura and Luminious, I picked up Aura. Luminous is a champagne shimmer with iridescent shimmer running through it and Aura is more of a soft pink shimmer with a golden iridescent sparkle, which I thought would go better with my skin tone. The Naked Illuminated shimmering powder is for face and body and is a light weight, baked powder which has a microfine shimmer. You simply dust this product wherever you want to create an instant naked glow. I like to use this powder to highlight my cheekbones and my collarbone. I really like the silky, radiant look it leaves on my skin. It also provides the colour payoff of a loose powder, with the convenience of a pressed powder.
I really like the packaging, but I do find the box to be a bit bulky. I would prefer it to be slightly smaller but it has a generous sized mirror and a brush underneath the powder, but I’m not sure this will get much use as I doubt I will travel with this. It is a nice product to get out of your collection and use for an evening out. It would also make a lovely gift as the product itself is of a high quality, maybe it would be nice if they brought out a travel size version! I recommend using a light hand and my favourite brush to use with this product is a stippling brush for the most even application. Some people might feel this product is far too sparkly for them, but you don't need much product and it does last for a while on my cheeks. This shade Aura could also be used as an eyeshadow!
I would definitely be interested in trying the other shade and I need to get my hands on the Naked On The Run Palette!
What are your Urban Decay Naked recommendations?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment