photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Sunday, January 11, 2015

SOPHIA WEBSTER BIRCHBOX - DECEMBER 2014

December 2014’s Birchbox was a collaboration with accessories designer Sophia Webster. I love it when beauty boxes do different themed boxes as it really freshens up the concept and get's me even more excited for the contents. I really like the design of this box and is definitely one I will be keeping for storage. But it's what's in the inside that really counts;
Elemental Herbology Facial Glow Radiance Peel, full-size 50ml £40.00 – I haven’t really tried Elemental Herbology products in the past but I’m very excited to try this one as I’ve heard only good things. This product rejuvenates your complexion with natural actives derived from apples, papayas and orange peel. You massage this straight into your skin, I love the fruity scent! I leave it on for four minutes and remove with warm water and a muslin cloth. It's not too harsh on my skin and it really does refresh my complexion.
Electric Hair Hydrate Shampoo, full-size 250ml £17.50 – This shampoo helps to repair and improve shine with it's nourishing, moisture-rich formula. This isn’t a brand I have heard of before, but I’m always looking out to try new shampoos. I was really impressed by first use, it made my hair super soft, it built up good lather in my hair and the scent is lovely. The scent reminds me of professional shampoo, the formula is really thick and my hair feels like it's just been to the hairdressers.
Eyeko Fat Eye Stick, 4g each for the trio £16.00 – This is a great party season essential! I find these eye pencils so easy to work with, you can pop them in your bag and use them on the go. You can create a smoky eye in a couple of steps, you can even smudge the pencil out to create a more intense look. The formula is sparkly and pigmented and would look great on a night out teamed with a red lip. These eye sticks are creamy and have a retractable twist up applicator. I want to pick up some more colours for my eyes, I received the shade Smoke!
Benefit Christmas Cracker High Beam, full-size 13ml £19.50 – This is so cute! Inside the cracker is a mini Benefit’s bestselling High Beam, which is a liquid illuminator that suits all skin tones. Having these minis are so handy to just throw in your bag and the little bottle lasts for ages. I like to use this on the top of my cheek bones and underneath my brow bone. I always like my skin to look glowing and this is the perfect product to make it happen. It has a soft pink hue which is very complimenting on my skin tone, you have to blend it quite quickly though as the product builds up in one place. It’s also nice to add to your foundation or primer to create a dewy base.
Models Own Velvet Goth Nail Polish, 14ml £5.00 – Last month we got to pick what shade of nail polish we wanted to receive out of four different colours. I picked the shade Amethyst, which is a lovely dark purple. The formula is matte, yet sparkly and has a velvety finish which means no topcoat is needed. The shade is really unique and it like nothing I have already in my collection. I haven't tried any polishes in the Velvet Goth range before but was really impressed with the formula and I like the velvet lid of the bottle too.
English Laundry Signature For Her, full-size 50ml £60.00 – This scent is inspired by an English country garden – rose geranium and white flowers with hints of chocolate and jasmine. I have never heard of this brand before but it’s nice to try something different. I’m not a big fan of receiving perfume veils in beauty boxes, it would have been nice to have a bigger sized sample. I was really surprised how much I liked the scent and it last much longer than my usual scents. It's probably my favourite perfume I have received in a beauty box and will be going straight into my handbag!
As a cute little lifestyle extra, everyone received a Sophia Webster Purse, which is a leopard print pouch that would be handy to have in your handbag for any small loose objects or on a night out for your party essentials. Overall, I was really happy with my December Birchbox and was probably my favourite beauty box from last month.
Are you subscribed to a beauty box?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment