photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MAKE A SPLASH - JULY BIRCHBOX 2015

This month’s Birchbox was a complete surprise as it didn’t arrive in the normal box form, for the first time ever they have replaced the classic box with a super cute, splash-proof clutch. Birchbox has worked with editors from some of the most elite magazines in the UK, which has inspired the colours of the bags. I received the yellow Birchbag, which was chosen by Rose Beer from Grazia and her favourite holiday place of Somerset, which is her hometown and is now where she spends most of her summers. I will definitely be taken this zipped bag away on holiday with me as it’s perfect for all my poolside essentials.
Cowshed Cow Pat Hand Cream 50ml, £8.00 – When I normally see a hand cream in a beauty box I'm not really that bothered as I have so many, but this Cowshed one really interested me. This nourishing lotion is packed full of rejuvenating essential oils including grapefruit to uplift and coriander to soothe. It's full of shea and cocoa butters so it leaves the hands feeling really moisturised and toned, it’s even nice to massage into cuticles when you need a little hydration. I love the scent and it doesn't feel greasy at all on the skin.
Balance Me Congested Skin Serum 7ml sample, full-size £16.00 – This is exactly what I needed this month! This little skin saviour helps restore balance to the skin, as well as soothing breakouts. The formula contains chamomile, lavender and aloe vera so it’s really gentle but works wonders. I'm most likely to apply this before my evening moisturiser so my skin can rest over night.
Unani Aloe Vera Gel 30ml sample, full-size £15.00 – This is the perfect product to use after a day in the sun, as it can calm down any sore, red areas. It’s packed full of aloe vera which is cooling on the skin and helps to nourish and help with peeling too. It also works on blemishes, eczema and bites, it feels lovely on the skin and absorbs really quickly.
Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in Peach Parfait, full-size £15.50 - I was really surprised how pretty these peachy shadows are. I have received Pop Beauty make-up before and know they are an affordable brand and I didn't really expect much from this palette. The shadows are very wearable colours and feel really silky and creamy when applied to the skin. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this trio and it’s the perfect size to fit into my make-up bag.
Benefit Cosmetics Dream Screen 6ml sample, full-size £25.00 – I have really been enjoying Benefit skincare recently, but haven't tried Dream Screen before. This is an ultra-lightweight, matte-finish sunscreen, which absorbs quickly and protects against the sun with an SPF 45. It's oil free and perfect for layering underneath makeup. Another product I will definitely be taking on holiday with me and it’s the ideal size to put in your hand luggage for on the go.
Barely Prep, Blot & Blend Sponge, £5.99 - This is a bonus beauty extra this month, I've used a makeup sponge before, but this blending sponge is to smooth on your skincare and primers to prep your skin for makeup. You squeeze with warm water like you normally would with a beauty blender, then apply product and blend onto skin using a stippling motion. It's great for those hard to reach places or I like to use it with my eye cream.
July's edition has to be one of my favourite Birchboxes to date, my favourite product in the box is the Benefit Dream Screen! What was your favourite product from this month's box?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment