photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Thursday, August 30, 2012

SELFRIDGES BEAUTY BOX - THE BEAUTY WORKSHOP

This Summer, Selfridges have just launched their newest beauty destination - The Beauty Workshop in-stores. The Beauty Workshop is a concept that opened last week showcasing the latest beauty trends, exclusive services and products in just one exciting space. To celebrate it's arrival Selfridges created their own limited edition beauty box, containing some of their favourite beauty brands for a bargain grand total of £15. Selfridges has to be my favourite department store, and once I had heard about this amazing offer I knew I had to get my hands on one. 
I know a lot of people were trying to get hold of one, as only a limited number were available, and checkout was more than stressful. But I persisted, and I was lucky enough to receive it in the post the next day. The box came beautifully presented in Selfridges signature colours. The box itself contains 7 high-end and well known products. At £15, it really is amazing value considering the products would cost over £200 if they were bought individually. 
Inside the box was;
Philip B Katira Hair Masque 60ml, Fullsize 178ml £30.00 - This product is a hair treatment which fills in weak, damaged spots in the hair cuticle for added smoothness and strength. It claims to revitalise hair colour, speed up blow-drying time and lock in shine. I've heard good things about this brand, so I can't wait to see if this makes a difference to my hair. I'm all for a good hair masque!
Antipodes Avocado and Rosehip Divine Face Oil 30ml, £18.99 - This face oil actively boosts Type 1 collagen in skin cells, targets scars and wrinkles and eases the effects of ageing. Serums are something which I am just introducing to my night-time skin routine, so I'm looking forward to giving this one a try. I really like the natural scent so far.
Stila One Step Correct 30ml, £24.00 - This is a product I have been eyeing up for ages now. It is a primer, colour corrector, brightener and anti-aging skincare serum all in one. I think this is a great product to cover blemishes and provide a flawless base to your make-up. It's great to receive some full-size products in the box, this is going straight in my make-up bag to use under my foundation.
Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask 5ml, Fullsize 50ml £57.00 - This product is a deep cleansing mask which is packed with mineral-rich moor mud from Lake Heviz. It is rich in calcium and magnesium carbonates, which removed impurities and make-up. It claims to leave skin looking supple and younger-looking. It will be good to see if it helps with any blemishes or scaring. 
Estelle & Thild Lip Balm Raspberry 15ml, £14.00 - This lip balm is saturated with vitamins that nourish, plump and protect your lips. Their products only contain high-quality, organic ingredients that protect your skin's natural balance. I didn't think much to the product when I first opened my box, except for it's pretty packaging. But I love the raspberry scent and it leaves my lips feeling so nourised. This is a product I will definitely be keeping in my handbag.
Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum 15ml, Fullsize 100ml £43.00 - Aesop is a brand I have been wanted to try for a while now. This is a serum for dry, combination and sensitive skin. It is a light moisturising serum which can be used every day and is rich in potent anti-oxidants. This is another serum I will be introducing into my night-time skin routine, if I like this product I am going to look into their face masks next, as I have heard only good things.
Bioeffect EGF Serum 5ml, £49.00 - Just two drops of this concentrated, anti-aging serum once a day delivers dramatic improvement to skin tone and visible reduction in lines, blemishes and dark circles under eyes. This little pot of serum is a bit pricey for the amount you get, but it is great to get the opportunity to try something you wouldn't normally purchase.
Overall, I am really pleased with all the product I received in this one-off box. Anybody who loves skincare would of loved this box, it's just a shame that there was only a limited avaliable. This box is now sold out, but you can buy the products separately online or from The Beauty Workshop itself. I am looking forward to visiting soon. If only all beauty boxes were like this. Did you manage to get a box? What do you think of the products?




 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

6 comments:

  1. The stila product has intrigued me! I'd love to know how you find it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely review the product if I get on with it. :)xx

      Delete
  2. That is one seriously good beauty box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous, they had all sold out by the time i got my act together :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rubbish :( hopefully they will bring out another soon.x

      Delete