photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

URBAN DECAY NAKED ILLUMINATED - AURA

This was one of my Boxing day online sales purchases this year. Urban Decay has to be one of my favourite make-up brands and I have had my eye on these highlighting powders for ages. Feelunique were offering this product for £16.50, (still in stock!! normally priced at £22.00) after Christmas, so I decided to treat myself. Obviously, I love the Naked eyeshadow palettes and I have tried the eye pencils and lipglosses, but there is so much more I need to try in the range, from foundation to powder to the blush palettes. Naked Illuminated comes in two shades, Aura and Luminious, I picked up Aura. Luminous is a champagne shimmer with iridescent shimmer running through it and Aura is more of a soft pink shimmer with a golden iridescent sparkle, which I thought would go better with my skin tone. The Naked Illuminated shimmering powder is for face and body and is a light weight, baked powder which has a microfine shimmer. You simply dust this product wherever you want to create an instant naked glow. I like to use this powder to highlight my cheekbones and my collarbone. I really like the silky, radiant look it leaves on my skin. It also provides the colour payoff of a loose powder, with the convenience of a pressed powder.
I really like the packaging, but I do find the box to be a bit bulky. I would prefer it to be slightly smaller but it has a generous sized mirror and a brush underneath the powder, but I’m not sure this will get much use as I doubt I will travel with this. It is a nice product to get out of your collection and use for an evening out. It would also make a lovely gift as the product itself is of a high quality, maybe it would be nice if they brought out a travel size version! I recommend using a light hand and my favourite brush to use with this product is a stippling brush for the most even application. Some people might feel this product is far too sparkly for them, but you don't need much product and it does last for a while on my cheeks. This shade Aura could also be used as an eyeshadow!
I would definitely be interested in trying the other shade and I need to get my hands on the Naked On The Run Palette!
What are your Urban Decay Naked recommendations?
you can also find me on twitter, instagram, bloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment