photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

HOT OR NOT - BEAUTY BOX PRODUCTS OCTOBER 2014

As I missed out reviewing most of my October beauty boxes, I thought I would give an overview on which products I enjoyed and would repurchase and which ones I would give a miss. I reviewed my current favourite box - Look Fantastic, so all of these products are from Glossybox, Birchbox or You Beauty Discovery box. Glossybox's theme last month was based around a pop art box, which I love and will be keeping after use. The limited edition box came in four different colour ways and included four full-size products and two samples, which really impressed me. October's Birchbox was a collaboration with Coppafeel as October is also breast cancer awareness month. I loved that all the products featured in that months box fit in a cute pink zip up pouch and the box also came with a handy lipstick pen, which is perfect for any beauty lovers! You Beauty Discovery's product list was based on handbag heroes which are effective in the quick fix approach. I love this beauty box as it gives you the chance to try samples you actually want to try at a really reasonable price tag.
Hot Products -
The products I got on with the most were; Ciate Paint Pot in Ditch The Heels (Glossybox) - I received a gorgeous green shade called Ditch The Heels. I've tried many Ciate nail polishes in the past and really like the glossy finish. Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute (Glossybox) - I was really impressed to receive a full-size product from Nuxe. This is priced at £19.50 and is similar to the Origins Drink Up Intensive mask, so great for dry skin types. So Susan Flutter Mascara (Glossybox) - Mascara is probably my least favourite make-up product to receive in a beauty box, just because I know if I try it I have to use it up within the next few months, so I have a stock pile building up. But I decided to try this and really liked the way it lengthened my lashes. Etre Belle Liplift Peel (Glossybox) - I had never heard of this brand, but I was intrigued as I haven't used many products like it. This gives your lips a gentle exfoliation to prepare your lips for lipstick and I was impressed with the results. Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm (Birchbox) - I have tried samples of this before, I really enjoy the balm texture. It's a product I go back to again and again but have yet to purchase it as I keep receiving samples. Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Honey Nectar (Birchbox) - I was very excited for this product as I haven't tried many products from Pixi. This gives a lovely nude tint to the lips and helps moisturise them as well, great for the winter months! KMS California Hair Play Playable Texture (Birchbox) - I have been loving KMS products and this one is a must try! You can use this before or after blow drying and it helps to build style and define layers without making your hair feel weighed down. Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Tease (You Beauty Discovery) - This was my first choice from You Beauty last month as I haven't tried a lipstick from Illamasqua before. I received the shade Tease which is a gorgeous matte nude and goes lovely with my skin tone. Crystal Clear Skincare Intense Anti-Ageing Serum (You Beauty Discovery) - I love a good serum and I knew this was a pricey brand so I thought I would give it a go. It helps to reduce wrinkles and firm the skin, I'm sure this is for an older target market but I love the way it peps up my skin. Cowshed Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum (You Beauty Discovery) - Another serum similar to the Crystal Clear one, I liked massaging this into my face in the evening. It has made me want to try more from the brand!
Not So Hot Products -
The products I didn't rate were; Yves Rocher Quelques Notes D'Amour Perfume (Glossybox) - I'm not a big fan of perfume samples in beauty boxes, this one is a little too sweet for me! Rimmel BB Cream Matte in Light (Glossybox) - A nice little extra, but even the light shade is too orange toned for my skin. Shaveworks The Cool Fix Gel Lotion (Birchbox) - As I don't have any issues with shaving my legs this isn't a product I would normally pick up. It is really smoothing and cooling though, so maybe nice to leave until the summer months, not too sure of the manly scent though. Lollipops Paris Nail Lacquer (Birchbox) - I had never heard of this brand before, I really like the festive shade and the shade is quite pigmented. But I wasn't very impressed with the staying power as it chipped quite easily. Gold Collagen Forte (You Beauty Discovery) - I have received one of these before in a beauty box and I must admit I haven't tried it. It's aimed at the 40+ market, but I can't imagine it's a nice beauty supplement to drink, I think I will give it a miss.
I think my favourite box out of the three October editions has to be Birchbox.
Which is your favourite Beauty Box?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment