photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Monday, July 14, 2014

BOOK REVIEW - ELEANOR & PARK BY RAINBOW ROWELL

Published - 12/04/12 Publisher - Orion
Pages - 336 Genre - Young Adult/Romance
Synopsis - Eleanor is the new girl in town, and with her chaotic family life, her mismatched clothes and unruly red hair, she couldn't stick out more if she tried.
Park is the boy at the back of the bus. Black T-shirts, headphones, head in a book - he thinks he's made himself invisible. But not to Eleanor... never to Eleanor.
Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall for each other. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're young, and you feel as if you have nothing and everything to lose.
My Thoughts - This book is such a cute, romantic 80’s love story. It follows the lives of two teenagers, switching character from chapter to chapter. It took me a little while to warm up to the characters, but once they opened up more to each other I just wanted to read more. Everybody has a first love, and this is the story of theirs as opposites attract. I like that the story was simple and most of the chapters were on the school bus or at each other’s houses, which I’m sure many people could relate to. It made me feel quite nostalgic, I felt all the emotions of a teenage again, their lives aren’t perfect, but they had each other. I didn’t give this book five stars because of the ending, I felt it was a little rushed but bittersweet at the same time. It finished and I needed more, I look forward to reading more from Rainbow Rowell in the future.
My Rating - 4/5
Follow my reviews on Goodreads.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment