photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

CURRENT EVERYDAY HAIR CARE FOR THICK LONG BLONDE HAIR

My hair is naturally light/strawberry blonde, but I do get blonde highlights every eight weeks. My hair is thick and quite long at the moment, so I like to use products that will help maintain moisture and shine, whilst still keeping my colour. I do use other products such as hair masks and other styling products, but these are the ones I reach for every day at the moment.
Redken Blonde Idol Shampoo 300ml & Conditioner 196ml£21.35 for the duo - I have enjoyed Redken hair care in the past, especially the All Soft range. Blonde Idol is the newest collection from Redken, which has one shampoo for all blondes and then a violet conditioner for cool blondes (which I have), and a gold conditioner for warm blondes, to get rid of brassiness. The great thing about this conditioner is that you can customise the tone to increase colour deposit or adjust every week to maintain newly coloured hair. I haven't seen a dual chamber treatment on the market, so using this for the first time was very exciting. I'm really enjoying this shampoo, it smells great and really lathers up, even though it's sulphate free. It helps to boost shine, so my blonde hair looks brighter, meaning I can go longer between salon visits.
Grow Gorgeous Cleansing Conditioner, 190ml £19.49 - This is a newer product to my routine, it claims to do 12-in-1 as it combines foamless cleansing and deep conditioning in one step. I have the version for blonde hair but you can also get a non-colour one, they both help to rebalance the scalp and restore the hair. It claims to add shine, reduce frizz, make styling easier and add volume, among other things. When I first used this, I don't think I used enough at the back of my hair as this part was a little greasier by the end of the day. My hair is thick so I think this will work better with fine hair. I have continued to use this and have liked it more and more each time. It's a great product to use in-between full washes, but I don't think I'm convinced just yet to use it every time.
Kerastase Ciment Thermique, 125ml £14.62 - This leave in heat protectant has been a favourite for a while. The scent reminds me of that classic hair salon smell. It's great at smoothing and detangling the hair and also strengthening the ends. It also has thermo-activation which increases the effects when used with heat. I like to use this and then brush it through with my Tangle TeezerI will always repurchase this.
Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturizing Spray, 150ml £6.99 - This is a product I use after straightening my hair. It's great at lifting the layers and giving my hair some 'grit'. I spray this straight into the hair and play with my hair until I'm happy with it. If you love big hair, you will love this!
Toni & Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum, 30ml £7.19 - I then finish with this product, which I received in a Glossybox. It helps to smooth down my ends or any fly away pieces. I put a drop of the serum into my hands and then smooth it into the lengths of my hair and it's left feeling super soft and healthy.
What haircare products are you currently using?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. I have long brunette hair and I really like the whole Redken Extreme range. I'd also be lost without a Tangle Teezer!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete