photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Thursday, August 14, 2014

BIRCHBOX UK - AWAY WE GO! AUGUST 2014

This Month's Birchbox is all about Summer Getaways! The box introduces make-up, skincare and haircare essentials, as well as easy to use products that are compact and don't need tools. The box also contains travel hacks, holiday tick lists, an easy hair tutorial and cute luggage tags to get you ready for your dream destination!
Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect, 200ml £20.00 – This product is a leave in conditioning spray which detangles and protects against heat and sun damage. I’ve never heard of this brand but I like using these kinds of products on damp hair before styling. If you have dry or damaged hair this product is great at strengthening,  repairing, detangling, taming flyaways, nourishing and protecting. The scent is lovely but quite sweet in the hair.
Wild About Beauty Crème Eyeshadow, 1.75g £13.00 – I have used this brand before from another beauty box. It’s a long-lasting, high quality, satin finish shadow from Louise Redknapp and Kim Jacob’s paraben-free range. I like to use crème eyeshadows as a base, they’re easy to apply and blend out with your fingers. The shade I have is 03 Buster, a lovely coppery bronze.
Nude Progenius Omega Treatment Oil, 30ml £58.00 – I have always wanted to try this oil, but have been put off by the price. This nourishing oil is rich in omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9 for hydrated, smooth skin. I like to apply this after cleansing and before moisturising in the evenings. This product claims to transform your skin and reduce the signs of ageing. Having not tried this brand before I was excited to see it in this months box, I’ve been impressed with the results so far, it left my skin hydrated and smooth.
Vasanti Britenup! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator, 120ml £26.00 – Another brand I haven’t heard of, but I’m excited to use. This product is a multi-action exfoliator to ensure a renewed, refreshed complexion. It’s great at improving your skin’s texture, my skin is softer and brighter after use. It also gently cleanses with aloe vera, coconut and panternol and it smells lovely. It's packed with exfoliating beads, so it really does revitalise the skin.
Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream, 47ml £32.00 – I was excited to see a CC Cream in the box this month, it adjusts to your natural shade, contains an SPF to smooth fine lines and even out skin tone. We received two 3ml travel sized samples in light/medium which I think was very generous of Birchbox. The CC Cream gives a light coverage but can be layered up for extra coverage. The formula is lightweight and fragrance free and acts as both a primer and a foundation in one. It contains 100% natural ingredients and light-diffusing mica minerals that soften the appearance of pores and wrinkles.
This month all the products came in a cute carry-on bag for your liquids. I will definitely be using this on plane journeys in the future. It’s great for storing all of your beauty essentials and this month’s box even came with a chapter one of the book, The Proposal by Tasmina Perry, which I think is a great idea! 
Are you subscribed to Birchbox?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment