photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

BOBBI BROWN - LIMITED EDITION SAND EYESHADOW PALETTE

I am a sucker for eyeshadow palettes, I have many palettes which I use on a weekly basis; especially wearable, neutral palettes which you can create many different looks with. This Bobbi Brown Sand Palette is the newest palette in my collection, it contains 8 shimmer and matte shades. I featured this product on my August Beauty Wish List here. This limited edition palette has been on my wish list since it first came out, but I finally gave in and brought it. I haven’t tried eyeshadows from Bobbi Brown before, but I know many people that have raved about them, so I thought this palette was a good product to try from the brand. The packaging isn’t the classic, sleek, shiny outing we normally see from the brand but its still compact and the theme packaging goes well with the collection. The size of the palette is cute, portable and the inspired beach linen compact also comes with a handy mirror.
The Sand Palette is a neautral palette and the Surf Palette that sits beside it contains more colourful shades. The formula of the shadows are silky, build-able and creamy. I have read a few reviews stating that the shadows aren’t as pigmented as they’d hoped. I do find the matte shades more pigmented than the shimmer shades, but I’m pleased with the payoff for a subtle look. If you want a more intense colour, I like to use a cream base underneath and build up the shadows. I have read a few reviews which say to use your fingers for the shimmer shades as when you use a brush there is a lot of fall out. There are 3 new shades in this palette and 7 new ones in the surf palette. This palette can create a sparkly gold look for day or a smoky brown look for evening. The shades include; Blazing Star Sparkle, Bikini Bronze Metallic, Sand, Saddle, Pale Cream, Gold Sparkle, Frappe, Golden Copper Metallic. The shades mimic the shimmering texture of golden beaches, so this is an ideal palette for Summer and to take on holidays. The shades work on any skin tone, I like to use the lightest shade up to my brow bone, use the medium shades over the lower lid and then layer a sparkly or metallic shade over the top. Using the darkest shade to line the eyes for a bolder look.
The palette is a little pricey at £48.00, but it's a treat and the gorgeous shades do it justice. Also available from the range are Sheer Lip Colours, Bronze & Pink Brightening Blushers, Long-Wear Eye Pencils, Long-Wear Shadow Sticks. I know this collection has been selling fast, will you be trying anything from the Surf & Sand collection?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. OMG I've been lusting after this since it came out, so lucky you have it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, when I saw it was getting harder to get hold of I had to buy it! :) the shades are dreamy.xx

    ReplyDelete