photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Friday, August 29, 2014

NEW HAIR RANGE - GARNIER ULTIMATE BLENDS THE SLEEK RESTORER

Garnier have introduced six signature blends to their Ultimate Blends range; The Silky Smoother, The Marvellous Transformer, The Shine Revitaliser, The Sleek Restorer, The Colour Illuminator and The Nourishing Repairer. Garnier have spent seven years creating this new range of haircare products with the help of 25,000 British women. The design of the bottles has a very strong 70’s influence, which I wan’t sure of at first, but now I really like the look of them in my bathroom. I always pick up new shampoos and conditioners from the high-street as there is always new offers to be had and they are so affordable for everyday use. 
The Sleek Restorer is formulated for dry, frizzy hair. The range contains pure coconut oil and cocoa butter to give you nourished and super sleek hair. From this range I decided to try the Shampoo, Conditioner and the One Minute Treatment. There is also a Sleek Perfector Oil in the same scent, which claims to leave your hair looking sleek for 72 hours and protects your hair from heat. The shampoo has a gorgeous subtle coconut scent, it lathers up well, my hair is left shinier and it helps reduce frizz and flyaways  It’s a great average, everyday shampoo that does the job and doesn’t weigh my hair down. I found it lovely for my thick hair, as it gave my hair lots of moisture and shine. The formulas contain no parabens and have natural ingredients, which is nice to see from a high street hair product. The conditioner is a little less thick than normal conditioners, but it does do a good job at making my hair feel sleek. I even notice this when my hair is still wet. The pair were on special offer in Boots, 2 for £3 but I wish I had picked up the bigger 400ml sizes.
I like to use the deep conditioner twice a week, it's a little thicker than the normal conditioner, it helps my dry ends and leaves my hair feeling nourished. I also picked up the Dry Shampoo from the Silky Smoother range. The Dry Shampoo is for mid to long hair and it’s a 7 in 1 product. It claims to instantly cleanse hair, absorbs grease at the roots, it has a light weight feel, leaves hair soft to the touch, hair is easy to detangle, it has a blissful fragrance and there is no visible residue. The dry shampoo can be used in other ways than just refreshing the hair, it can also be used to create volume and lift, see video below for styling tips. I love the sweet vanilla milk scent, not like your normal overpowering dry shampoo scent, it's a great product to use inbetween washes. I have read some mixed reviews online, saying it left hair feeling greasier, but I think it does a fair job at refreshing second day hair and it does give my hair some bounce.
One product which has caught my eye from the range is the One Minute Polisher Scrub, which looks like a great, new innovative product (see video below), I think I will have to give that one a try next. Ultimate Blends is definitely a range to try as there is something for every hair type at such an affordable price point. I'd be interested to try the Marvellous Transformer range next as I've heard only good things.
Have you tried the Ultimate Blends range?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lovely line from Garnier. I'll be adding this to my 'products to try" list.

    ReplyDelete