photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Saturday, August 16, 2014

EVERYDAY MAKE-UP ESSENTIALS - SHOPPING MY STASH

This is the make-up that I'm currently wearing most week days, I like to mix it up a bit on weekends or evenings out but I do like to stick to the same products that I know work for me, so that they're quick and easy to reach for in the mornings. I store my everyday makeup in my Muji drawers and I shop my stash whenever I get bored of using a product. This is what my drawer currently contains;
Face
Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer, 30ml £6.99 - The main reason I wear primer is to make my foundation stay around for longer. But this formula minimises pores, mattifies my oily skin and evens out skin before applying the rest of my make-up. I have nearly finished this tube, but you get a good amount of product for the price. I have already repurchased. YSL Fusion Ink Foundation, 30ml £30.50 - This is the newest foundation from YSL, I got a 7 day sample from a counter to try it before I buy the full-size. I'm really enjoying wearing it so far, it gives you a light to medium coverage, it drys matte which is great for my oily skin but is still glowing, really natural and leaves my skin super soft. Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer, 6.8ml £7.99 - This is great for dark circles, I do find it does crease if I don't set it with powder. But the formulation really does erase tiredness. The sponge applicator isn't very hygienic but the twist tube allows you to get every last drop of product out. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, £4.19 - This is my go to concealer for hiding blemishes and redness. It lasts a while on the skin and doesn't look cakey at all. Soap & Glory Kick Ass Powder, 7g £12.00 - I then matte my skin, using this weightless and translucent powder. It's great for retouching and feels smooth on the skin. I have hit pan on this and would definitely repurchase. See my full post here.
Cheeks
Soap & Glory Love At First Blush, 7g £11.00 - I have been using this blush for ages and still haven't hit pan. It's still in the old cardboard packaging, but it gives a lovely rosy sheen on the cheeks. It has a small amount of shimmer, but it's great for everyday. 
Eyes
MAC Eyeshadows Omega & Soba, £10.00 each - I use these eyeshadows in my eyebrows to make them look as natural as possible. Benefit Gimme Brow, 3g £17.50 - I then set my eyebrows with this, it gives them a bit of definition, shapes and tints. It's long wearing, water resistant and build-able. I wouldn't be without this now. Urban Decay Primer Potion, 11ml £16.00 - I always use a base for my eyeshadows, as I have oily skin it's difficult to find shadows that don't slide down my face. This helps to make my make-up stay around the longer and prevents creasing. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, £22.00 - This is a great neutral matte palette which is really wearable for everyday. It's the perfect size to just pop in your bag and the shadows are creamy and blendable. I have seen that Urban Decay are releasing a second Naked Basics palette, so I'm looking forward to that. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, 11g £19.00 - I like a mascara with a big brush wand. This mascara is jet black, it lengthening and volumises lashes and holds a curl all day. I'm really enjoying using this at the moment.
Lips
Loreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick, £7.99 - This has to be my most wearable lip colour for everyday. It's a Loreal Caresse in the shade 101 Tempting Lilac, the formulation is so creamy and the colour is a subtle rose lilac. Sadly I'm nearly at the end of this.
Do you keep your everyday make-up separate? What are your recommendations?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment